This page is to be a tool for those Christians in need of a quick response to those claiming the Sabbath was changed from the 7th day to Sunday the 1st day of the week during the time of the Apostles. Besides the fact that there is not a single verse to prove this in the Old or New Testament. But Historic record proves the Sabbath was never changed to Sunday by any governing authority until Constantine the 1st on March 7, 321AD. Since there is no Scriptural proof God ever changed His Sabbath day, and since there is Historic proof man did try to change it, what is the logical step for the true Christian that seeks to follow the Christian God’s will?
HISTORIC FACTS ARE AS FOLLOWS
- “Unquestionably the first law, either ecclesiastical or civil, by which the sabbatical observance of Sunday is known to have been ordained is the sabbatical edict of Constantine, A.D. 32I.” -Chambers” Encyclopedia, Article “Sunday.”
- “On the Venerable Day of the Sun [“venerabili die Solis”–the sacred day of the Sun] let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country, however, persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits; because it often happens that another day is not so suitable for grain-sowing or for vine-planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost–Given the 7th day of March, [A.D. 321], Crispus and Constantine being consuls each of them for the second time.” The First Sunday Law of Constantine 1, in “Codex Justinianus,” lib. 3, tit. 12, 3; trans. in Phillip Schaff “History of the Christian Church,” Vol. 3, p. 380.
- The following is what Constantine’ law required of the people… “Let all the judges and town people, and the occupation of all trades rest on the venerable day of the sun; but let those who are situated in the country, freely and at full liberty attend to the business of agriculture; because it often happens that no other day is so fit for sowing corn and planting vines; lest the critical moment being let slip, men should lose the commodities granted by Heaven.” Translated from the original edict in Latin, now in Harvard College U.S.A.
16 years after Constantine’ first Sunday Law of A.D. 321, the Roman church made it official church doctrine by claiming it was a Jewish day. In this church doctrine they also demand all Christians to break Commandment #4 by working on Sabbath!
- “Christians shall not Judaize and be idle on Saturday [in the original: “sabbato” shall not be idle on the Sabbath], but shall work on that day; but the Lord’s day they shall especially honour, and as being Christians, shall, if possible, do no work on that day. If, however, they are found Judaizing, they shall be shut out [“anathema,”–excommunicated] from Christ.” Council of Laodicea, c. A.D. 337, Canon 29, quoted in C.J. Hefele, “A History of the Councils of the Church,” Vol. 2, p. 316.
As is always the case, the Vatican loves to re-enact her power as a way to remind the people of their false doctrines. It is also done to combat the Truth that was moving about Christendom causing many to realize the Sabbath was not a “Jewish day” because nary is there a Scripture claiming as such. Compile that with the fact that non=Jews kept the Sabbath holy for 2500 years before a Jew was ever born. Therefore.. just over 1000 years after Constantine’s law, the Vatican legislated Sunday worship at the Council of Laodicea by claiming Sabbath was a Jewish day as well.
- “The Council of Laodicea … forbids Christians from judaizing and resting on the Sabbath day, preferring the Lord’s day, and so far as possible resting as Christians.” Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1899 Edition, Vol. XXIII, page 654.Both Scriptures and History prove the fourth commandment’s seventh day Sabbath was never changed by Jesus or His Apostles. Truth is, the Sabbath change came almost 300 years after the Lord Jesus ascended into Heaven. What many fail to realize is, this “change” was prophesied by the prophet Daniel hundreds of years before.
Now for a prophesied shock
As we saw in historic record, the first Sunday Laws came about on March 7, 321AD. If you’re one to do your research, you know that many leaders in politics are Pagan or at the very least in agreement with Pagan authorities above them. And if you’re an avid student of historic record, you would also know that being as such, they like to uplift their false god and his commands by echoing them through history. Some have even had the opportunity to repeat dates in historic record as a way to show the “eternity” of their god, even though Scripture declares Satan to be a dying god. Take the meeting of the United Nations back on June 26, 1948. That was something Satan relished as a major trophy in time. Were you aware that on that very same day (June 26) and in the exact same hotel room wherein those papers were signed to form the UN, the powers that be also signed the United Religions Initiative on June 26, but this time in the year 2000?
That being said.. did anything happen in modern times that would stand as an echo in time that would uplift Satan as a long lived being? Is there significance to the date “March 7, 321ad where the first Sunday Laws were signed long ago? Yes, on the exact date of March 7, 2006 George W. Bush signed it into law that all churches with a government granted 501c3 tax ID will from that day forward be seen as official government agencies with the power to lobby law! And as prophecy clearly dictates, they will use that power to demand Sunday Laws very soon. (Click here for more info on the 501c3 code)