The tongues movement of the churches of the World today was actually prophecied in the Prophetic Word of a Mighty Creator. Fact is, it is also discussed in detail in the Word as to HOW tongues is to be used by this very same God to not only edify the saints, but to cut the hearts of non-believers as well as glorify the Lord Himself.
Many believe that to speak in tongues is to display an open and outward sign that the one speaking is a Christian filled with the Holy Spirit. But does the Bible declare ALL that have the Holy Spirit will do this? No it does not as you will soon see. Yet the people of the world are not only declaring all that have the Holy Spirit will speak in tongues, they also declare they MUST speak in tongues in order to prove their Christian walk! They also state that the speaker of tongues will NOT understand that which is being spoken. Some will even state that it is a “Heavenly language” that only the Holy Spirit understands at the time of utterance. Churches all over the globe believe this to such an extent that EVERYONE in their church services speaks in tongues at the same time. And if they do not, they are looked upon as lost and in need of a miracle. I have personally been in churches that have as little as 30 members to well over 1000 members in it and I personally saw with my own eyes almost 90% of the congregation INCLUDING the Pastor as well as everyone on the platform speaking in tongues at the same time. However, is this biblical? What does the Word of God say about this?
I would like to address each issue separately so as to make it better understood what is happening in the churches is NOT of God Almighty. It is a pack of demons rushing through the churches just as prophecy stated they would do in these very last days. The movement has one major goal in mind.
G l o b a l U N I T Y !
Think about that simple reality for a moment. If you are a firm believer that speaking in tongues verifies you have the Holy Spirit, then almost anyone can walk up to you and speak in tongues creating a real danger that you will embrace them as brother or sister in Christ, REGARDLESS of their doctrinal beliefs simply because you believe in your heart that speaking in tongues is all the proof you need that they are Christians!
Before going further, I must stress the fact that I DO believe in the gift of tongues for it is a gift of the Spirit as it is stated in the Word. However it is NOT a “fruit” of the Spirit. For it is written in, Galatians 5:22-23, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” As you can see it does NOT say “tongues” is a “fruit” of the Holy Spirit. So right off the bat we can see they are in error when they say you will know someone is a Christian if they speak in tongues. The fruits laid out in Galatians chapter 5 easily declares that a bold face unbiblical lie from hell itself. And only the agents of Hell would declare the Holy Spirit a liar, just like Satan has been doing so since he did so in Heaven, the garden of Eden, in the desert, and in every ear on Planet Earth.
The Scriptures is rather plain about the fact that it is the Almighty Himself who chooses WHO receives WHAT gift. The gifts of the Spirit are distributed by the Lord as He deems fit. 1 Corinthians 12:11 boldly proclaims, “But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.” It is not saying EVERYONE receives it. It says it is “divided” among the brethren. For them to say that EVERYONE MUST receive of this gift to be a Christian is placing their proverbial foot in their mouth. To say that any gift MUST be received as well as SEEN in the Christian means they must also proclaim that ALL the gifts are administered unto ALL and therefore ALL gifts should be graphically discernable in all believers. In other words, if you do not HEAL then you are not a Christian. If you cannot PROPHECY then you are not a Christian, if you cannot TEACH you are not a Christian, and so on and so forth. They cannot say you have the gift of tongues and not the gift of healing with their theology. They simply cannot say that you can have tongues and NOT the gift of prophecy now. Can you see now that to say “if you do not speak in tongues you are not a Christian” is ultimately a lie? Looking at it in the light of Truth one can see how bluntly wrong this theology is. But don’t take my word for it. Take the Word of the Lord, for He declares just that in the following passage…
- 1 Corinthians 12:27-31, “Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.”
It truly is a blunt and easy doctrine to understand. However, one MUST have the REAL Holy Spirit to see this, for it is also written that, “the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”-1 Corinthians 2:14,
Some churches declare on top of all this that tongues is the most important manifestation of Christianity known to man, yet the Word is plain on exposing that lie as well. 1 Corinthians 13:1-2 declares, “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.”
To claim to be a Christian WITHOUT the fruit “charity” (love) you are merely a noise maker! Acts 1:6-8 says, “When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is evident by a loving heart as well as a TRUE desire to witness. Fact is, I can literally see this as Truth in it’s purest form. When I became a Christian I was totally unable to contain the desire to tell as many as I possibly could about the Truth I found so readily available to all in Christ Jesus our Lord.
By the way, that passage in 1 Corinthians 13:1 where Paul declares, “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels” is also a passage many like to twist completely out of context to make it appear the Word is declaring mankind can speak a “Heavenly language.” However, is he really saying that? Or is he making a comparison here? Later on the same chapter it says in 1 Corinthians 14:22, “Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not…” Many that believe in the “Heavenly Language” also declare it is a prayer language they do IN TONGUES by themselves with absolutely no one else around for self edification. Yet 1 Corinthians 14:22 just stated that tongues is NOT for “self edification” at all. It is a sign for the non believer to believe in what is being said. But you ask, HOW does speaking in tongues make a non-believer believe? Well, we need to go back to Pentecost Sunday the FIRST time tongues was used to understand this fact.
- Acts 2:1-12, “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?”
The Holy Spirit falls upon the men of God. They step out onto the balconey before the crowd the Lord actually assembled before them from all different nations. This is no mistake people! There were people from MANY different regions standing there because the Lord knew what He was going to have occur there. They ALL spoke different languages, yet they ALL heard the Apostles speaking in their native tongues even though the Apostles were speaking as Galileans! THAT my friend is the real definition of tongues! Many Christians have no doubt heard the stories that have surfaced from places like Inda, Africa, as well as many other places in the World how missionary preachers spoke in languages other than their own. Many reports have come back sounding like this…
“I was preaching before a crowd of people that spoke only Swaheeli. I being an English speaking man, realized a problem here. So I found a man that could translate that which I declared from the Word of God in English into Swaheeli for the native people gathering before me. However, more often than not, part way through the sermon my translator would suddenly STOP translating. Why? The people would ask him to stop because they said I was speaking perfect Swaheeli to them!”
Have you heard of such things as these? I have. This my friend is TONGUES. Not the “gibberish” you see people doing in the churches today. Tongues is a REAL language given by the Almighty so as to break the language barrier for the proclamation of the Gospel. And what do you think happens when someone starts to miraculously speak in your native tongue before your very eyes about the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Let’s jump to the end of the Bible story about the Apostles first time speaking in tongues to see if what happened then, is happening now…
- Acts 2:37-41, “Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.”
People get SAVED!
When a man walks into a church that has EVERYONE speaking in the “tongues of gibberish” he will always do one thing. HE WILL LEAVE thinking there all nuts right? 1 Corinthians 14:23 confirms that when it says, “If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?“
The tongues in the churches today is GIBBERISH nothing more, nothing less! For it to be REAL tongues someone WILL step up and declare they heard the Truth in their native tongue before or after the translation. They may not step up before the crowd, but they will voice the miracle to ears that hear, and those will indeed spread the word. Paul bluntly states in 1 Corinthians 14:7-19 that it is an INTELLIGIBLE SPEECH and not GIBBERISH that is proclaimed when speaking in tongues.
- 1 Corinthians 14:7-19, “And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped? For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle? So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air. There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification. Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me. Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest? For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified. I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.”
- “except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air. “
What’s easy to understand? Gibberish? How about a so called “Heavenly Language” that no man has ever uttered or heard on Earth? Or, how about a foreign language that CAN be easily understood by someone that can interpret it either by knowing the language or having the actual “gift” of interpretation?
How blunt must it be written before some people can understand? PLUS, did you notice this passage as well from above…? “Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.” Did you catch that? It said, PRAY THAT HE MAY INTERPRET??? How is it possible to interpret a HEAVENLY LANGUAGE if no man can understand it in the first place? Seriously! How can ANYONE interpret a “so called” heavenly language if no one has ever spoke it on earth, or heard it spoken? And what good would it do to SPEAK in that heavenly language while ON earth? Are we thinking that highly of ourselves that we are now so greatly called to PREACH TO ANGELS? Does not Paul confirm this as error when he said, “There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification” He did NOT say there are many kinds of voices IN HEAVEN did he? However, he did say there are NO languages without “signification.” In other words, I can blow a trumpet that has a “distinct” sound. You KNOW it’s a trumpet! It’s no different than a language that can be understood as a language. If there was a “Heavenly prayer language” would there not be more than one “comment” stated regarding it in the Word? Another fact to realize is this, if there was a different language for Angels, then how was it Daniel understood Gabriel in an EARTHLY LANGUAGE when he gave him the prophetic facts so long ago? Or what of Joseph and the angel that came to him in a dream? And John in Revelation, what of the angel speaking to him on that Isle of Patmos? If you cannot verify something you believe is a “doctrine” with more than one verse, then you MUST be taking it out of context for it is plainly declared that “precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:” -Isaiah 28:10. The Word of God ALWAYS verifies that which is written within it. The “Heavenly language” is a prime example of that fact. It is also a good reason Isaiah 28:10 was penned is it not?
It is also mentioned in the above excerpt from His Word that, “For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful” Why would anyone want to perform an act that is totally unfruitful in the first place? Plus how can anyone “edify self” with an act that is declared “unfruitful” by Paul himself?
THREE MAJOR BIBLICAL REQUIREMENTS for speaking in tongues that you will NOT find in today’s churches…
- Only ONE person may speak at a time in tongues. There should be absolutely NO spontaneous outbursts with many people speaking at the same time.
- No more than two or three people AT THE MOST should speak in tongues at any given service.
- There MUST be an interpreter of the foreign language being uttered so the ENTIRE congregation (not just the foreigner) will be edified. And if no interpreter is present, then NO ONE is to speak in tongues!
- BIBLICAL CONFIRMATION:
1 Corinthians 14:26-28, “How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.”
Fact remains, the fullness of the Almighty’s Holy Spirit is only poured upon those that are OBEDIENT to the Truth contained in the Written Word. Stepping outside declares one a NON believer.
A little known fact…
The tongues movement of these last days was actually PROPHECIED to occur.
- Revelation 16:13, “And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.”
Is there any other evidence of the “unclean spirits” in the Word? And did they cry out like those that speak in tongues do today?
- Mark 5:7-8, “And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.“
- Mark 1:23-26, “And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God. And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.”
One more Question…
The unclean spirits are also depicted to be “like frogs.” WHY do you suppose that is?
I ask… how do FROGS capture their prey?
BY THEIR TONGUES!
Many people are “caught” by this tongues movement unaware. What’s the Biblical reasoning and prophetic fact involved in such a movement you ask? Again, frogs catch their prey with their tongues, and tongues in humans” are used to gather or group words together in such a way as to proclaim messages of importance to thouse listening. It is by men’s TONGUES that people fall for false doctrines simply because God’s Word cannot preach falsehood. They listen to the false preachers and never investigate the Word of God as did the Bereans and they are captured by the tongues of the three entities that Revelation 16:13 speaks of.
Strange isn’t it? One of the easiest false doctrines to prove false would have to be the tongues movment itself. How fitting I say. For it was tongues that were used to spread the error, and tongues that were prophecied to predict the spreading, and tongues that are being used literaly by those caputured by the movement to spread the error globally!
The Almighty is extremely accurate when using prophetic symbolism! This evil tongues movement of Satan was prophecied to occur in our lifetime! Open your eyes and glorify the Lord that knows ALL things from the beginning unto the end! The frogs are UNITING THE THREE ENTITIES TOGETHER! (The devil, catholic church, and Apostate Protestant church) The tongues movement is a spoken prophecy of Truth. It is the ecumenical movement of Antichrist!
ONE FINAL NOTE…
Why do you suppose the gibberish “tongues” of today is the one the devil convinces the people to use? Think about this one real hard. Which gift can be faked?
- 1 Corinthians 12:4-10, “Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:”
Can you fake wisdom or word of knowledge? not likely, for they will soon realized natural reality regarding the facts and the pretender is exposed. PLUS, no one wants to take the chance.
Can you fake faith? Or would your “fruits” give you away?
Can you fake miracles? No, for nothing will happen.
Can you fake prophecy? No, for again, nothing will happen after you declare it will.
Can you fake discerning of spirits? No, because you will be found out later when your wrong about the person or situation. PLUS, no one wants to take the chance, so they choose not to.
Can you fake tongues? YES! Because it’s gibberish and no one is taught that they are supposed to understand you anyway. So everyone goes for it.
Can you fake interpretation of tongues? YES! Because they don’t really know what’s being said anyway. So they can more or less interpret as they wish. So…they do.
They “act” as if they speak unto God, but even God does not understand gibberish because it is just that, gibberish! The fact “no man understands him” proves it is gibberish because if it was a language at least someone would understand! 1 Corinthians 14:10 confirms this when it says, “There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.” In other words, as many languages as there are, SOMEONE understands them all. 1 Corinthians 14:14 also says, “For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.” It is clear Paul is saying “my spirit” is praying and not THE Spirit when gibberish is used and only the man speaking the gibberish is glorified. This is why Paul said in verse #4 that “He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself;”
“Some of these persons have exercises which they call gifts and say that the Lord has placed them in the church. They have an unmeaning gibberish which they call the unknown tongue, which is unknown not only by man but by the Lord and all heaven. Such gifts are manufactured by men and women, aided by the great deceiver. Fanaticism, false excitement, false talking in tongues, and noisy exercises have been considered gifts which God has placed in the church. Some have been deceived here. The fruits of all this have not been good. “Ye shall know them by their fruits.” Fanaticism and noise have been considered special evidences of faith. Some are not satisfied with a meeting unless they have a powerful and happy time. They work for this and get up an excitement of feeling. But the influence of such meetings is not beneficial. When the happy flight of feeling is gone, they sink lower than before the meeting because their happiness did not come from the right source. The most profitable meetings for spiritual advancement are those which are characterized with solemnity and deep searching of heart; each seeking to know himself, and earnestly, and in deep humility, seeking to learn of Christ. -Testimonies vol. 1 page 412